Remember in this hot weather to be safe.
Hot weather Safety:
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. Avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks, which promote dehydration.
- Minimize direct exposure to the sun and wear sunscreen.
- Limit exercise and exertion - rest frequently and pace yourself.
- Wear temperature-appropriate, light-weight, and loose-fitting clothing.
- During the warmest parts of the day, consider indoor activities
- Consider scheduling outdoor activities during cooler time periods.
- Don't leave children or pets in vehicles. Check on family, friends, and neighbors who may be at higher risk to heat-related issues.
- Remember to use a life jacket when swimming