With the summer temperatures upon us it is important to be aware of overheating and heat related illnesses. Make sure you’re staying hydrated, wearing sunscreen, and working in the shade if possible, or staying inside in A/C.
Severe sunburn or sun poisoning can cause symptoms such as the following:
* Skin redness and blistering.
* Pain and tingling.
* Fever and chills.
Symptoms of Heat Stroke
The hallmark symptom of heat stroke is a core body temperature above 104 degrees Fahrenheit. But fainting may be the first sign.
Other symptoms may include:
* Throbbing headache
* Dizziness and light-headedness
* Lack of sweating despite the heat
* Red, hot, and dry skin
* Muscle weakness or cramps
* Nausea and vomiting
* Rapid heartbeat, which may be either strong or weak
* Rapid, shallow breathing
* Behavioral changes such as confusion, disorientation, or staggering